Saturday, July 5, 2008

Welcome new perspective #2

Ha! Here's how they find enlightenment in Oregon.
"Things just look different from up there. You're moving so slowly. The best thing is the peace, the serenity."
Sounds good. P
erhaps he even met someone better informed, in the higher echelons, where the view is distant and severe, the ground blue as steel. That would be good, too.

But I think the balloon man had more tangible things to focus on. "I'm not stopping till I get out of state." Maybe he just wanted to hear someone say "You're not in Oregon anymore".

But if he never got to hear that, I am sure he heard a lot of this -
The world's a nicer place in my beautiful balloon
It wears a nicer face in my beautiful balloon
We can sing a song and sail along the silver sky
For we can fly we can fly
Up, up and away
In my beautiful, my beautiful balloon.

3 comments:

MrsCooper said...

This beats the AOL breathing technique course and it’s a far easier way to achieve happiness in the modern world.

Bartleby said...

On the surface, yes. But did you read the whole story? He had two GPS devices, a satellite phone, a b.b. gun, a blow-dart thing with steel darts (*look out below*) and a parachute. It would ruin the lyrics to "Up, Up and Away" (in my beautiful balloon, with my GPS, my satellite phone and my b.b. gun, we can fly...)

MrsCooper said...

Yes, I read it. I would bring all that stuff including two parachutes (in case one doesn't open), my ipod, sunblock, water and a skydiving instructor if possible with extra balloons. It gives me a peace of mind up, up and away.