Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Pages from a cold island

This woman is very amusing. I guess you have to think quick when you only have about four hours of daylight.
The nice PR girl from Penguin had also come up from London for the day. She realised before I did that the journalist was in fact locked in the bathroom. The door does not quite shut. Well, it does shut with a protesting shriek but there are no door handles either side. Once we had realised she was effectively locked in, I thought briefly about whether to keep her there, tell her that I was her number one fan and feed her spaghetti through the hole in the door where the shaft of the door handle should be - not forever, just until she wrote and filed the feature.

2 comments:

C-Belle said...

I have a horrible fear of being locked in bathrooms. Whenever I emerge from one, it's with a tremendous sense of relief.

Bartleby said...

I won't ask why.