Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Yogi in Full

Tom Wolfe apparently dropped by the New York Stock Exchange - that's like a visit from the Ghost of Christmas Past. Or worse, Future. No wonder the markets have been tanking.
“It has always interested me that the word ‘credit’ comes from the word ‘credere,’ which means ‘to believe,’ ” Mr. Wolfe said. “It only works if people believe in it... [Now] it sounds like even the firms that aren’t in trouble are in trouble.”
Pithy, pithy. I smell a new book, in which Sherman McCoy, former Master of the Universe, liquidates his Park Avenue apartment and rediscovers belief as a yoga teacher. (Preferably at the new Pure on 86th & Lex.)

5 comments:

MrsCooper said...

Is there a new Pure Yoga on 86th & Lex?

Bartleby said...

Yes.. It is sun by their US partner, called Equinox. Here's a story link, but I can't find the site.
http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/42400/

Bartleby said...

Sun, run, you know what I mean.

MrsCooper said...

Thanks. I will check it out and let you know.

C-Belle said...

Small yoga studios all over NYC are in fear of the new Pure Yoga.

Whenever they learn that I lived in HK and went to Pure, they look at me very accusingly.

Equinox is my current gym, but of late, I only step into the gym to use the bathroom.