Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Revenge of the shitzu

I have been waiting four years for this verdict, as my post from May 2004 will attest. So it is with some satisfaction that I can report that my ignorant instinct for fairness has been proven correct. Former overpaid New York Stock Exchange chairman Richard Grasso has been largely exonerated.
New York’s highest court on Wednesday affirmed a lower court ruling that dropped four claims against the former chairman of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard A. Grasso, dealing a major setback to the legacy of the former attorney general Eliot Spitzer.
I never liked Grasso much; too chummy. But he had a contract. Spitzer was a self-serving prick with zero respect for other human beings.

5 comments:

MrsCooper said...

I thought Spitzer resigned as the Governor after the empress club.

I remember a lot of people complained about the payout that Paul Chow, the Chief Executive of HKEC received in 2007. He ensured that the listing requirements made tougher and made major upgrades in the exchange. I thought he did a great job and yes, he was in the right place at the right time.

Bartleby said...

Yes, Spitzer indeed resigned. The biggest career flame-out in memory. Shakespeare will come back from the grave to write the play. Or else Jerry Seinfeld.

MrsCooper said...

Jerry Seinfeld - guarantee to be funny.

Bartleby said...

By the way, Spitzer's downfall was at the hands (legs?) of one Ashley Dupre, whose Myspace page is here:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=69041220

But this is the link you want to see:
http://www.mahalo.com/Ashley_Dupre_Girls_Gone_Wild

I almost feel bad for Eliot.

MrsCooper said...

Me2. I felt bad for the girl.